statcounter

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Arbaaz drops his quickie in favour of Salman's 'Dabangg 2'


It's a known fact now that Salman Khan won't be beginning 'Dabangg 2' before next year. However brother Arbaaz Khan had been devising a Plan B earlier to mitigate this situation. The latest though is that the actor turned producer and now also the director (with 'Dabangg 2') has decided not to go ahead with a quickie that he was earlier contemplating to make during the interim period before he gets 'Dabangg 2' on floors.
"Yes, there was a possibility of doing that but I guess there is no point going ahead with that. If at all I have to make any film other than Salman, it has to be with an A-lister. Now dates of none of the top stars are currently available. And if I think of making a film with a smaller star or say a newcomer, it requires all the more effort to make them understand expectations and then further market and promote the film," says Arbaaz.
He further goes on to reason, "Moreover, even a quickie requires 8-9 months at least from start to finish. By that time 'Dabangg 2' schedule would be staring at me. It would be too much too soon I guess and I don't want to drain myself out. I would rather wait for the next big one instead of worrying about not shooting for the next few months."
Good decision Arbaaz.

No comments:

Post a Comment